Friday, November 30, 2012
Hometown Christmas Parade: "A Very PEAR-land Christmas"
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2012
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: FM 518 from Pearland Parkway to Old Alvin Road
Ages: All ages welcome
The 31st Annual Lighted Christmas Parade brings out dozens of floats and walking groups each year decked out in lights and holiday spirit. With this year’s theme, “A Very PEAR-land Christmas,” expect a lot of fun entries! Plan to see drill teams, classic cars, company floats and many other community folks.
Feel the Christmas spirit come alive as Pearland Parks and Recreation teams up with the Pearland Town Center to host the City's Annual Hometown Christmas Festival and Tree Lighting Ceremony.
On Friday evening, Mayor Reid & Santa Claus will light up the sky as they plug in the City's Christmas Tree at the annual Tree Lighting ceremony. The event will feature holiday music by the Grateful Geezers, snow play areas, a snow hill, strolling entertainment and carriage rides.
Join us for an exciting weekend of Christmas entertainment, live music, promotions, great food and more! Keep checking this page or the Pearland Town Center site for more information including the most current schedule of events.
- Event starts at 7p.m.
- Live Band - Grateful Geezers, presented by Premier Chiropractic
- Winter Wonderland for Children, presented by HEB Plus!
- Horse-drawn Carriage Rides, presented by U of H Clear Lake - Pearland
- Strolling Entertainment
- Santa's Arrival - roughly 7:45-8 p.m.
- Tree Lighting - 8 p.m.
- Breakfast with Santa - 8 a.m.
- Holiday Gift Market - Noon to 8 p.m.
- Touch of Keys Band - 1 to 1:30 p.m.
- Roly the Elf - 3 to 5 p.m.
- Live Entertainment featuring Level One Band - 4 to 7 p.m.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
This weekend, I will start posting holiday fun happenings for December and Christmas Break! There are many things going on around town. Stay tuned and also a facebook page will be started soon for Pear Up, as well as an updated Kids Eat Free Page for Pearland. Don't forget to follow me!